The scandal at the then Abbas Gullet led Kenya Redcross brought the Boma Hotel to its knees. But, like many Kenyans that are involved in financial and economic crimes, he walks Scott-free. No court date.
It is therefore no wonder that Boma Hotel finds it easy to mistreat staff.
The hotel was placed under administration in December 2019.
I am a staff at the Boma hotel and we need you to assist us. The management inatunyanyasa sana
- We are being overworked, long hours with salaries of 60% yet the cluster general manager Mr. Daniel and cluster finance manager Mr. Ajnesh who are foreigners are being paid 100%
- The 60% is not really 60% since days are counted depending on the days worked.The cluster general manager stays in the hotel, currently, 7 rooms are currently out of order with three rooms being under construction to be made a penthouse at the cost of the hotel OUR MONEY.-He stays in the hotel for free, with food being provided for free, laundry services, using hotel vehicles and etc
- With the processes in place the master roll is closed on 25th yet salaries are released as late as 5th due to the Cluster Financial manager who is never in the office.
- Having hosted the World under 20 champions we have been paid ”60%” salary with no incentives for appreciation for staying away from our families for two weeks.
- Daniel the cluster general manager always harass, dictate and cannot listen to any staff. We lost our business due to his behavior of quarreling staff and guests without no reasons.
- We were promised that the cluster general manager will bring foreign guests to boost our business yet we’ve have not received any guest brought in by Mr. Daniel.
- Currently all staff are being forced to sign for 60% salary cut yet he dictates there is no room for negation or agreement between him and the staff.
- The cluster finance manager Mr. Ajnesh doesnt have time to stay in the office hence there is a no swift movement of procurement services.
- The shop steward Mr. Patrick has forgotten his role neither does he know the role of a shop steward therefore we demand the quick removal of him and the elections should be done immediately.
- Polite request to our interior cabinet secretary Hon. Matiangi and Tourism cabinet secretary Hon. Balala to immediately intervene for the deportation of them back to their country we have suffered enough.