August Alsina is a popular R&B singer and songwriter who has released several hit songs and albums, such as “I Luv This Shit”, “No Love”, “Testimony” and “This Thing Called Life”.
He is also known for his controversial relationship with actress Jada Pinkett Smith, which he revealed in 2020.
But what about his family background and siblings?
Here is everything you need to know about August Alsina siblings and how they influenced his life and career.
August Alsina Age
August Alsina was born on September 3, 1992, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
He is currently 31 years old as of 2023.
August Alsina started singing at a young age, inspired by Lauryn Hill in the movie “Sister Act 2”.
He uploaded his first videos to YouTube in 2007, when he was 14 years old, covering songs by artists like Lyfe Jennings and Usher.
August Alsina Siblings
August Alsina has three brothers and two sisters.
His brothers are Melvin La’Branch III, Jamal La’Branch and Travis La’Branch.
His sisters are Netia La’Branch and Chandra.
Unfortunately, two of his siblings are no longer alive.
His brother Melvin was shot and killed on August 31, 2010, and his sister Chandra died of cancer on December 26, 2018.
August Alsina was very close to his brother Melvin, who was also a rapper and went by the stage name Lil Redd.
Melvin was a mentor and a role model for August, who looked up to him and followed his footsteps in music.
Melvin’s death was a devastating blow for August, who dedicated his debut album “Testimony” to him.
The album cover features a picture of Melvin holding August as a baby.
August Alsina also had a strong bond with his sister Chandra, who was a single mother of three daughters.
After Chandra’s partner Mel was killed in 2015, August stepped up to help her raise her children.
He became a father figure and a guardian for his nieces, whom he calls his “three little stars”.
When Chandra passed away from cancer, August expressed his grief and love for her on social media.
He also vowed to continue taking care of her daughters and honoring her legacy.
August Alsina Net Worth
August Alsina has an estimated net worth of around $7 million as of 2023.
He earns most of his income from his music sales, streaming royalties, tours and shows.
August Alsina also has endorsement deals with brands like Footaction and Puma.
He has been nominated for several awards, including four Grammy Awards, two BET Awards and two Soul Train Music Awards.
August Alsina Height
August Alsina has a height of 5 feet 11½ inches (1.82 m).
He also has a slim build and weighs around 75 kg (165 lbs).
He has several tattoos on his body, including the words “Product of the Ghetto” on his chest, “Self Made” on his stomach, “Loyalty” on his neck and “Alsina” on his back.
August Alsina Boyfriend
In November 2022, August Alsina surprised many fans when he appeared to come out as queer on the VH1 reality show “The Surreal Life”.
He introduced a man named ZaZa as the person who taught him about love and healing.
He said that he wanted to share his love with the world because it defied the norms of what love should look like.
He also hugged ZaZa and called him “my baby”.
ZaZa is also a musician and an emerging artist who goes by the stage name Zu.
The two have performed together in D.C. and have posted several pictures and videos of each other on social media.
They also wished August’s mother Sheila Blair a happy birthday, implying that they are close to his family.
August Alsina’s relationship with ZaZa came two years after he revealed that he had an affair with Jada Pinkett Smith while she was married to Will Smith.
He claimed that Will gave him his blessing to date Jada, but the couple denied this.
Jada later admitted that she had an “entanglement” with August while she and Will were separated.
The scandal caused a lot of media attention and backlash for both parties.
August Alsina Gay
August Alsina has not explicitly confirmed or denied his sexual orientation or identity.
He has only referred to himself as a member of the LGBTQ+ community in general terms.
He has also dated women in the past, such as Mandy Williams, Analicia Chaves, Kayla Phillips and Miracle Watts.
He has also been linked to celebrities like Nicki Minaj and Keke Palmer. Therefore, it is possible that he is bisexual, pansexual or fluid, rather than strictly gay.
August Alsina Songs
August Alsina has released three studio albums, four EPs and numerous singles and mixtapes. Some of his most popular songs are:
- “I Luv This Shit” (featuring Trinidad James) – His debut single from his EP “Downtown: Life Under the Gun” (2013). It peaked at number 48 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number four on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. It was certified platinum by the RIAA.
- “No Love” (featuring Nicki Minaj) – The remix version of his song from his album “Testimony” (2014). It reached number 37 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number 14 on the Rhythmic chart. It was certified gold by the RIAA.
- “Song Cry” – The lead single from his album “This Thing Called Life” (2015). It peaked at number 18 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number eight on the Adult R&B Songs chart.
- “Entanglements” (featuring Rick Ross) – A single released in 2020, inspired by his affair with Jada Pinkett Smith. It peaked at number 26 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number 13 on the R&B Streaming Songs chart.
- “Myself” – The lead single from his album “Myself” (2023). It peaked at number 21 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number nine on the R&B Streaming Songs chart.
August Alsina is a talented and successful R&B singer who has faced many hardships and controversies in his life.
He has lost two of his siblings, Melvin and Chandra, to violence and cancer.
August Alsina has also battled with health issues, addiction and depression.
He is a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community and a role model for many fans.
- Karim Benzema Siblings: A Look at the Football Star’s Family
- DDG Siblings: Who Are the Family Members of the Rapper and YouTuber?
- Shania Twain Siblings Today: How the Country Star’s Family Has Changed Over the Years
- Tom Cruise Siblings: Everything You Need to Know About the Actor’s Family
- John Daly Net Worth: How Much Is the Golf Legend Worth in 2023?