Beauty is subjective.
It can be found in nature, art, people, ideas, actions, or qualities.
Quotes about beauty express admiration, appreciation, or awe and can inspire, motivate, or challenge us.
Here are some beauty quotes that you may enjoy reading or sharing with others.
- “Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.” – John Ray
- “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” – Khalil Gibran
- “The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express.” – Francis Bacon
- “Beauty is not caused. It is.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Beauty is not just a white girl. It’s so many different flavors and shades.” – Queen Latifah
- “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” – Mandy Hale
- “Beauty is an outward gift which is seldom despised, except by those to whom it has been refused.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.” – Dorothy Parker
- “In every man’s heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.” – Christopher Morley
Sleeping Beauty Quotes That Will Strike A Spell Upon You
Sleeping Beauty’ is a classic Disney animated film based on Charles Perrault’s folktale.
The story follows Princess Aurora, cursed by Maleficent to die on her sixteenth birthday, and the message of true love conquering all is prevalent throughout.
Check out Disney princess and Maleficent quotes for more inspiration.
Disney Sleeping Beauty Princess Aurora Quotes
In Sleeping Beauty, Princess Aurora, cursed by an evil fairy, discovers true love. Voiced by Mary Costa, she shares these memorable quotes.
- “Oh, you darlings! This is the happiest day of my life! Everything’s so wonderful!” – Princess Aurora.
- “Why we’ve met before…Once upon a dream.” – Princess Aurora.
- “He’s tall and handsome, and…and so romantic. Oh, we walk together and talk together, and just before we say goodbye, he takes me in his arms, and then…I wake up.” – Princess Aurora.
- “Aunt Flora, and Fauna, and Merryweather. They never want me to meet anyone. But you know something? I fooled them. I have met someone.” – Princess Aurora.
- “Do all the Fair People have wings?” – Princess Aurora.
- “Well, I’m really not supposed to speak to strangers, but we’ve met before.” – Princess Aurora.
- “Yes, it’s only in my dreams. But they say if you dream a thing more than once, it’s sure to come true, and I’ve seen him so many times.” – Princess Aurora.
- “Why, it’s my dream prince. Your Highness.” – Princess Aurora.
- “Then why don’t you? All the other fairies fly.” – Princess Aurora.
- “Oh, dear. Why do they still treat me like a child?” – Princess Aurora.
Interesting Sayings From The Three Good Witches About Sleeping Beauty
The good fairies Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather were Princess Aurora’s godmothers.
Voiced by Verna Felton, Barbara Jo Allen, and Barbara Luddy respectively, their quotes are insightful and interesting.
- “Merryweather: It’s pink! Flora: Oh, lovely shade, isn’t it? Merryweather: But I wanted it blue.” – ‘Sleeping Beauty’.
- “Don’t despair, Your Majesties. Merryweather still has her gift to give.” – Flora.
- “Sword of Truth, fly swift and sure, that evil die and good endure!” – Flora.
- “Maleficent doesn’t know anything about love, or kindness, or the joy of helping others. You know, sometimes I don’t think she’s really very happy.” – Fauna.
- “Sweet princess, if through this wicked witches trick a spindle should your finger prick, a ray of hope there still may be in this, the gift I give at thee. Not in death but just in sleep the fateful prophecy you’ll keep, and from this slumber, you shall wake when true love’s kiss the spell shall break.” – Merryweather.
- “Little Princess, my gift shall be the gift of beauty.” – Flora.
- “A crown to wear in grace and beauty, as is thy right and royal duty.” – Flora.
- “Tiny Princess, my gift shall be the gift of song.” – Fauna.
- “Each of us the child may bless with a single gift, no more, no less.” – Flora.
- “Merryweather: It looks awful. Flora: That’s because it’s on you, dear.” – ‘Sleeping Beauty’.
Disney Prince Phillip quotes from Sleeping Beauty
Prince Phillip, from Disney’s ‘Sleeping Beauty’ voiced by Bill Shirley, is Aurora’s true love and partner.
His quotes embody wisdom and love.
- “I’m awfully sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you.” – Prince Phillip.
- “But when will I see you again?” – Prince Phillip.
- “But of course! You said so yourself. Once upon a dream.” – Prince Phillip.
- “You’re living in the past, Father! This is the 14th century!” – Prince Phillip.
- “Aw, come on. For an extra bucket of oats? And a few… carrots?” – Prince Phillip.
- “There was something strange about that voice. Too beautiful to be real. Maybe it was some mysterious being, a wood sprite, or a …” – Prince Phillip.
- “King Hubert: Nowadays I’m still the king! And I command you to come to your senses! Prince Phillip: And marry the girl I love.”
- “Don’t you remember? We’ve met before.” – Prince Phillip.
Quotes by King Stefan from Sleeping Beauty
- King Stefan, voiced by Taylor Holmes, fathered Princess Aurora and his quotes reflect his personality.
- “Why you, you, unreasonable, pompous, blustering old windbag!” – King Stefan.
- “True love does not exist.” – King Stefan.
- “Then, she can undo this fearful curse?” – King Stefan.
- “Now, hold on, Hubert. I haven’t even seen my daughter yet, and you’re taking her away from me?” – King Stefan.
- “I warn you, Hubert. This means war.” – King Stefan.
- “Now, be reasonable, Hubert. After all, Aurora knows nothing about all this.” – King Stefan.
- “Precisely. And as for grandchildren, I’ll have the royal woodcarvers start work on the cradle tomorrow.” – King Stefan.
- “You’re not welcome here.” – King Stefan.
- “Seize that creature.” – King Stefan.
Maleficent Quotes about Sleeping Beauty
The antagonist of the beloved Disney film “Sleeping Beauty” is Maleficent.
Here is the most comprehensive collection of terrifying yet thrilling Maleficent quotes.
- “Touch the spindle. Touch it, I say! You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me. Me, the mistress of all evil! Well, here’s your precious princess!” – Maleficent.
- “In ageless sleep, she finds repose. The years roll by, but a hundred years to a steadfast heart, are but a day.” – Maleficent.
- “The princess shall indeed grow in grace and beauty, beloved by all who know her. But… before the sun sets on her 16th birthday, she shall prick her finger – on the spindle of a spinning wheel – and die!” – Maleficent.
- “She is indeed, most wondrous fair. Gold of sunshine in her hair, lips that shame the red red rose.” – Maleficent.
- “It’s incredible, sixteen years and not a trace of her! She couldn’t have vanished into thin air. Are you sure you searched everywhere?” – Maleficent.
- “Fools! Idiots! Imbeciles! [drives her search patrol away] [alone with her pet again] Oh, they’re hopeless. A disgrace to the forces of evil.” – Maleficent.
- “And now, the gates of a dungeon part, and our prince is free to go his way. Off he rides, on his noble steed, a valiant figure, straight and tall! To wake his love, with love’s first kiss. And prove that ‘true love’ conquers all!” – Maleficent.
- “Well, quite a glittering assemblage, King Stefan.” – Maleficent.
- “Cradle? [to her pet raven] Did you hear that my pet? All these years, they’ve been looking for a baby!” – Maleficent.
- “Well, quite a glittering assemblage King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry, and -” – Maleficent.
I hope you enjoyed reading these beauty quotes and found some inspiration for your own life.
If you want to read more quotes on different topics, please check out my other posts.
Thank you for your support and feedback. Remember, you are beautiful in your own way! 💖