Chris Rock is one of the most successful and influential comedians of his generation, known for his stand-up specials, movies, TV shows, and Netflix deals.
But how much do you know about his personal life, family, and background?
In this article, we will explore some facts about Chris Rock net worth, parents, age, wife, net worth, Netflix projects, movies and TV shows, siblings, and height.
Chris Rock age
Chris Rock was born on February 7, 1965, in Andrews, South Carolina.
He is currently 58 years old as of September 2023.
He grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where he faced bullying and racism at school.
Rock dropped out of high school but later earned his GED.
He started his career as a stand-up comedian in 1984 and joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 1990.
Chris Rock height
Chris Rock’s height is 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm), which is slightly above the average height of American men.
He has a slim build and weighs 168 pounds (76 kg).
He has dark brown eyes and black hair, which he often shaves or keeps short.
Chris Rock net worth
Chris Rock has an estimated net worth of $120 million as of September 2023.
He has earned most of his income from his career as a stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director.
He has won four Emmy Awards and three Grammy Awards for his comedy albums and specials.
Chris Rock has also starred in many movies such as Lethal Weapon 4, Dogma, Madagascar, Death at a Funeral, Top Five, Spiral, and Dolemite Is My Name.
He has also signed lucrative deals with Netflix for his stand-up specials.
Chris Rock parents
Chris Rock’s parents are Rosalie and Julius Rock.
His mother was a teacher and social worker for the mentally handicapped, and his father was a truck driver and newspaper deliveryman.
His father died in 1988 from a stomach ulcer.
His mother is still alive and has been supportive of his career.
Chris Rock has said that his parents taught him the value of hard work and education.
Chris Rock wife
Chris Rock married Malaak Compton-Rock in 1996.
She is a philanthropist and founder of StyleWorks, a non-profit salon that provides free services to women leaving welfare and entering the workforce.
They have two daughters together: Lola Simone Rock and Zahra Savannah Rock.
However, their marriage ended in divorce in 2016 after Chris admitted to being unfaithful and addicted to pornography.
He has since dated actress Megalyn Echikunwoke and actress Carmen Ejogo.
Chris Rock children
Chris Rock has two children with his ex-wife Malaak Compton-Rock: Lola Simone Rock and Zahra Savannah Rock.
Lola was born on June 28, 2002, and Zahra was born on May 22, 2004.
Chris has said that his children are his greatest joy and that he tries to be a good father to them.
Chris Rock siblings
Chris Rock is the eldest of seven siblings: six brothers and one sister. They are:
- Charles Ledell Rock: He was Chris’s older half-brother from his father’s previous relationship. He died in 2006 from alcoholism.
- Andre Rock: He is Chris’s firstborn brother who runs a trucking business named after their father.
- Tony Rock: He is Chris’s younger brother who is also a comedian and actor. He has appeared in shows like All of Us, Living Biblically, and Black Card Revoked.
- Kenny Rock: He is Chris’s younger brother who is also a comedian. He has performed at various comedy clubs and festivals.
- Brian Rock: He is Chris’s younger brother who works as a DJ and producer. He goes by the stage name DJ B-Rock.
- Andi Rock: She is Chris’s younger sister who works as a hair stylist. She has also appeared in some of his projects.
- Jordan Rock: He is Chris’s youngest brother who is also a comedian and actor. He has appeared in shows like Love, The After Party, and Big Time Adolescence.
Chris Rock Netflix
Chris Rock has been involved in several Netflix projects as a performer and producer.
In 2018, he released his first Netflix stand-up special called Tamborine, which received critical acclaim.
In 2020, he starred in the fourth season of the anthology series Fargo as Loy Cannon, a crime boss in 1950s Kansas City.
In 2023, he made history by headlining Netflix’s first-ever live global streaming event with his second stand-up special called Selective Outrage, which tackled topics such as racism, politics, parenting, the Kardashians, and the Will Smith fiasco.
Chris Rock movies and TV shows
Chris Rock has appeared in many movies and TV shows throughout his career. Some of his most notable roles include:
- Saturday Night Live: He was a cast member from 1990 to 1993 and hosted the show four times.
- The Chris Rock Show: He created, wrote, produced, and hosted this late-night talk show on HBO from 1997 to 2000.
- Everybody Hates Chris: He developed, wrote, produced, and narrated this sitcom based on his childhood from 2005 to 2009.
- Madagascar: He voiced Marty the zebra in this animated film franchise from 2005 to 2012.
- Head of State: He directed, co-wrote, produced, and starred in this political comedy film in 2003.
- Top Five: He directed, wrote, produced, and starred in this comedy film in 2014.
- The Witches: He voiced Older Hero Mouse in this fantasy film in 2020.
- Spiral: He starred as Detective Zeke Banks in this horror film in 2021.
Chris Rock is a comedy legend who has entertained millions of people with his witty and insightful humor.
He has also achieved success in other fields such as acting, writing, producing, and directing.
He has a large and supportive family that includes his parents, ex-wife, children, and siblings.
Chris Rock has also collaborated with Netflix on several projects that showcase his talent and versatility.
He is one of the most influential and respected comedians of all time.
- Kylian Mbappé age: Who are the people behind the world’s most expensive player?
- Michael Jordan Parents: Everything You Need to Know About the NBA Legend’s Family
- Tori Kelly Parents: Everything You Need to Know About the Singer’s Family
- Spencer Rattler Parents: How They Raised a Future NFL Star
- Halle Berry Parents: A Biography of the Actress and Her Family