The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) received information regarding allegations of embezzlement of public funds, and abuse of office by Tracy Njoki King’e, a Finance officer II at The National Treasury through receiving extraneous and facilitation allowances.
SUMMARY OF FACTS
• Tracy Njoki King’e of ID 29411872 is a female adult born in 1992.
• In January 2020, Tracy Njoki King’e joined the National Treasury as a Finance Officer II from Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives- State Department of Cooperativeswhere she had been previously employed since 2018.
• Tracy Njoki King’e earned an average monthly salary of Kshs. 50,954.53 between March 2020 and May 2022 which amounted to approximately Kshs. 1,350,000.00 during the period under investigation.
• During the same period, she received a total of Kshs37,000,000.00 as imprests, facilitation and extraneous allowance as below;
i. Between February 2020 and March 2022, Tracy Njoki King’e received Kshs. 24,119,926.00 as imprests, facilitation and extraneous allowance in her Cooperative bank account No. 01116124598700.
ii. Between February 2022 and June 2022, Tracy NjokiKing’e received Kshs 11,899,052.00 as imprests, facilitation and extraneous allowance in her I&M bank account No. 00403523442050.
• Preliminary investigations established that out of the Kshs. 11.8 million received through her I&M bank account, a sum of Kshs 11 million was transferred to her fixed deposit accounts in the same bank while Kshs. 498,000.00 was withdrawn in cash leaving a balance of Kshs. 400,000.00
• Preliminary investigations have further established that out of Kshs. 24 million received through her Cooperative Bank account, a sum of Kshs. 4.6 Million was used to Purchase Treasury Bills, while Kshs 2.7 million is the balance in the account.
• Today, the 21st June 2022, EACC obtained orders from the High Court to freeze cash in excess of Kshs 18 Million in her various accounts in I&M and Cooperative Banks, pending conclusion of investigations.
Via EACC press release
Cyprian is a blogger who has an interest in politics, news, current affairs, people and anything that is of interest to society. My aim is to inform and update readers with the most accurate information.