Equity Bank of Kenya has been on the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
The financial institution which started as a ‘bank for the common man’, a listening, caring financial partner, is now far from that.
Equity has metamorphosed into an ogre, greedily feeding on its own children.
A simple search on social media, that is Facebook, Twitter or on Google will show you that all is not well at the bank.
Complaints after complaints litter the blogosphere, and the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) seems inept to act.
This bank has caused pain to thousands of families.
Though the banking industry is said to lose over Kshs. 10 billion (2018 figures) to fraudsters who find loopholes in the IT systems, Equity’s heist seems to be a traditional-manual inside job.
Below is the story of the recent victim of the heists:
Kenyans help unmask cons who hacked into my Equity Bank account and channeled money to their accounts without the bank’s knowledge and my knowledge.
The thieves transferred Kshs. 309,000 through mobile banking to different MPESA account numbers between today Wednesday 06.01am -07.18 am.
It has become a trend in Equity Bank, and it’s the high time the culprit are brought to book.
Listed below are the fraudulent transactions, names and their respective registered MPESA lines
- Michael Mwangi -0745553693; Kshs. 35000;
- Paul Chege Muchai -0702047488; Kshs. 35000
- Paul Chege Muchai -0702047488; Kshs. 14,000
- Joseph Mukiri :0714790372; Kshs. 35,000
- Michael Mwangi :07455553693; Kshs.35,000
- John Mbuthia Njuguna: 0706764193; Kshs. 24,000
- John Mbuthia Njuguna: 07067644193; Kshs.35,000
- Gilbert Ogaja: 0792930285; Kshs. 35,000
- Gerald Muiruri Kiarie: 0710261668; Kshs. 24,000
- Other numbers – Kshs. 37,000
Total : Kshs. 309,000
SHARE WIDELY !
We at CNYAKUNDI.COM wish to caution the public about these scams. They are rampant.
We also urge the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) Boss George Kinoti to send his boys after this scammers.