Forests are more than just a collection of trees.
They provide us with oxygen, food, medicine, timber and many other benefits.
Many people have expressed their admiration, gratitude and awe for forests in words.
Here are some of the best forest quotes that capture the essence and wonder of these natural wonders.🌲
The Most Inspirational Forest Quotes
“Finland is officially the world’s happiest country. It is also 75 per cent forest. I believe these facts are related.” – Matt Haig
“The forest is a quiet place if only the best birds sing.“ – Kay Johnson
“I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
“A forest of these trees is a spectacle too much for one man to see.” – David Douglas
“For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
“Going to the woods is going home.” – John Muir
“To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” – Helen Keller
”There is always an adventure waiting in the woods.” – Katelyn S. Bolds
“The groves were God’s first temples.” – William Cullen Bryant
Forest quotes about wildlife
By valuing forests, we not only protect them but also bolster the livelihoods of over a billion individuals who rely on forest resources for food, fuel, and medicine, as highlighted in a report by the World Wildlife Fund.
- “If you are lucky you will have the opportunity in your life to be owned by a good piece of land.” – Daniel J. Rice
- “The most beautiful gift of nature is that it gives one pleasure to look around and try to comprehend what we see.” – Albert Einstein
- “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.”– Chris Maser
- “Deforestation is changing our climate, harming people and the natural world. We must, and can, reverse this trend.” – Jane Goodall
- “You cannot protect the environment unless you empower people, you inform them, and you help them understand that these resources are their own, that they must protect them.” – Wangari Maathai
- “It’s the little things that citizens do. That’s what will make the difference. My little thing is planting trees.” – Wangari Maathai
- “The environment and the economy are really both two sides of the same coin. If we cannot sustain the environment, we cannot sustain ourselves.” – Wangari Maathai
- “Whenever we encounter wild animals in nature, we must only ever show kindness and compassion.” – Paul Oxton
- “Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” – Gregory Maguire
- “Those who wish to pet and baby wildlife love them, but those who respect their natures and wish to let them live their natural lives, love them more.” – Edwin Way Teale
Forest Love Quotes
- “The forest is my lover and my home. It whispers secrets in my ear and fills my heart with wonder.” – John Muir
- “The forest is a living, breathing entity, and I am in love with it.” – Richard Preston
- “You are the forest of my dreams, where I wander and explore, where I find peace and joy, where I belong.” – Rumi
- “There is no place I’d rather be than in your arms, surrounded by the beauty of nature. You are the forest to my soul, the green to my eyes, the breath to my life.” – Pablo Neruda
- “The forest is our sanctuary, our refuge, our escape. It is where we met, where we fell in love, where we always return. It is our home.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “You and I are like two trees in a forest, growing together, supporting each other, sharing our shade and fruits. You are my tree-mate, my soul-mate, my love.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “The forest is a magical place, where anything can happen. It is where I found you, where I kissed you, where I loved you. You are the magic of my forest.” – J.K. Rowling
- “You are the light of my forest, the fire of my heart, the spark of my soul. You illuminate my path, warm my body, ignite my passion. You are my forest fire.” – William Shakespeare
- “The forest is a symphony of sounds, colors, and smells. It is where I hear your voice, see your face, and smell your scent. You are the music of my forest.” – Emily Dickinson
- “The forest is a living thing, full of life and energy. It is where I feel your pulse, your breath, your touch. You are the life of my forest.” – Walt Whitman
Quotes On The Importance Of Forest
- “Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
- “The forest is not a resource for us, it is life itself. It is the only place for us to live.” – Evaristo Nugkuag
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The forest is a peculiar organism of unlimited kindness and benevolence that makes no demands for its sustenance and extends generously the products of its life activity; it affords protection to all beings.” – Buddhist Sutra
- “A forest is not a commodity, it’s an ecosystem that protects us all.” – Vandana Shiva
- “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The forests are the flags of nature. They appeal to all and awaken inspiring universal feelings.” – John Muir
- “Planting trees, I myself thought for a long time, was a feel-good thing, a nice but feeble response to our litany of modern-day environmental problems. In the last few years, though, as I’ve read many dozens of articles and books and interviewed scientists here and abroad, my thinking on the issue has changed. Planting trees may be the single most important ecotechnology that we have to put the broken pieces of our planet back together.” – Jim Robbins
Forest Quotes About Maintaining Its Beauty
- “I miss sunrise even more. The green scent of dawn in the forest? The color blushing back into the world, different every day.” ― Laini Taylor
- “Human beings grew up in forests; we have a natural affinity for them. How lovely a tree is, straining toward the sky.” ― Carl Sagan
- “The only water in the forest is the River.” ― Neil Gaiman
- “Every blade in the field – Every leaf in the forest – lays down its life in its season as beautifully as it was taken up.” ― Henry David Thoreau
- “A single tree doesn’t make a forest.” ― Chris Bradford
- “Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together… and shake the forest to its roots.” ― Erin Hunter
- “Every time we burn a gallon of gas or an acre of rain forest, aren’t we killing the future to preserve the present?” ― Chuck Palahniuk
- “In a moment the ashes are made, but a forest is a long time growing.” ―Seneca the Younger
- “The world’s forests are a shared stolen treasure that we must put back for our children’s future.” ― Desmond Tutu
- “The improvement of forest trees is the work of centuries. So much more the reason for beginning now.” ― George Perkins Marsh
Forest Quotes To Breathe In Fresh Air
The International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health recently published a study indicating that spending time in natural environments like forests can lower stress and anxiety levels.
This highlights the potential mental health advantages of being in nature and emphasizes the significance of safeguarding these areas for public enjoyment.
- “When the forest and the city are functionally indistinguishable, then we know we have reached sustainability.” — Janine Benyus
- “Forest is the best port of the wise man!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
- “To the artist, the forest is an asylum of peace and dancing shadows.” — John F. Carlson
- “A true forest is not merely a storehouse full of wood, but, as it were, a factory of wood.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- “If you walk into a forest – you hear all kinds of subtle sounds – but underneath there is an all pervasive silence.” — Eckhart Tolle
- “The natural elements in the forests, mountains, deserts and large bodies of water, help shield you from the thought forms and auras of other human beings.” — Frederick Lenz
- “An infinity of forest lies dormant within the dreams on one acorn.” — Wayne W. Dyer
- “The interminable forests should become graceful parks, for use and delight.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The forests are the lungs of the world. I’ve always believed if you breathe, you’re an environmentalist.” — Woody Harrelson
- “Our forests are not for toilet paper. They are worth more standing than cut. That deserves to be defended, not only by native peoples but also by environmentalists.” — Winona LaDuke
Best Forest Quotes On Autumn Forest
- “Nature is a temple in which living columns sometimes emit confused words. Man approaches it through forests of symbols, which observe him with familiar glances.” – Charles Baudelaire.
- “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir.
- “The mountains, the forest, and the sea render men savage; they develop the fierce, but yet do not destroy the human.” – Victor Hugo.
- “This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.” – Susan Polis Schutz.
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- “Votes are like trees, if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.” – Dan Quayle.
- “These woods are where silence has come to lick its wounds.” – Samantha Hunt.
- “In a forest of a hundred thousand trees, no two leaves are alike. And no two journeys along the same path are alike.” – Paulo Coelho.
- “Gold is a luxury. Trees are necessities. Man can live and thrive without gold, but we cannot survive without trees.” – Paul Bamikole.
- “A grove of giant redwoods or sequoias should be kept just as we keep a great or beautiful cathedral.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
Forest Quotes To Bring You Some Peace
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran.
- “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland.
- “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.” – E. O. Wilson.
- “If you cut down a forest, it doesn’t matter how many sawmills you have if there are no more trees.” – Susan George.
Forest Quotes are a powerful reminder of nature’s beauty and importance.
They offer profound wisdom that inspires us to connect with the natural world.
Check out my other quote content for more inspiration, guidance, and reflection.