A year ago, on July 13th 2020, we highlighted the case of then unknown Kenya Qatar Diaspora Sacco (KQDS).
Cnyakundi.com revealed how its chairman, a man of God, Reverend Habakkuk Wamududa was making very many ungodly decisions at the Sacco. Well, due to our expose’s, Habakkuk was arrested in November 2019, charged with stealing motor vehicles belonging to the Sacco members.
His accomplice Denis Omolo, who was the treasurer was being sought by police in December 2019.
It was the most frightening of times for members of the Sacco who are working hard in the Middle East trying to escape the jaws of poverty occasioned by mismanagement of Kenya, to learn that their hard-earned cash was being plundered at home.
KQDS has invested heavily in digital taxis in Kenya, particularly Uber and Taxify.
Recently, the chief editor of this site received information that Habakkuk has been found guilty according to a report by Commissioner of Cooperatives.
Mismanagement of funds
In the murky world of conmen, Habakkuk and Denis Omolo are the ringleaders. Denis, the finance director took unapproved loans in the name of the Sacco.
In December 2019, a memo to Sacco members stated that the members were paying for some vehicles (that Wamududa was accused of stealing) so as to transfer ownership upon completion of payments yet pastor Wamududa and his Finance Director Denis Omollo who is on the run, used the said cars to act as security for a Ksh1 million loan obtained from Kifether Limited, without permission from the owners.
The Commissioner of Cooperatives in a brief videos shared by a source ordered Reve. Habakkuk Wamududa to return the monies.
- Loan for Isinya land should be repaid back by the management committee that was in office during this transaction
- The society to recover all payments in respect to the Busia land from the Rev Habakkuk Wamududa
- The Society to recover all amounts paid in respect of Mombasa land from the Rev Habakkuk Wamududa of Sh1.7 million
- Rev Habakkuk Wamududa and Africanus Olando should surcharged Sh50,000 and Sh60,000 respectively. Pastor Mbandi Nyaye should stop enjoying the benefits of being a member of the society since he is no longer a member of this society.
- Sh372,300 paid in respect of school fees to Epic College and Aviation college should be surcharged to the Rev Habakkuk Wamududa
- Sh286,500 disbursed through the Shamba Boy should be surcharged to Rev Habakkuk Wamududa.
- The society needs to appoint another audit firm from the recommended list from the commissioner’s office.
The Commissioner for Cooperatives also through the inquiry came up with a list of the corrupt officials to be surcharged.
Habakkuk Wamududa – Sh3224500
Musoni Microfinance – Sh1.5 million
Eternal loans – Sh23.5 million
Vehicle deposit expenses: Sh82 million
Garage and car wash – sh1.3 million
Checks paid out on Busia land – Sh2.7 million etc
Total Sh115 million
Denis Omolo – Sh1.5 million
Africanus Olando – Sh117 million
We at cnyakundi.com shall continue reporting on this case.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.