Members of Parliament have become lapdogs, not watchdogs.
Last evening, MPs approved changes to the NHIF Act, which now makes it compulsory for every Kenyan above 18 years to contribute to the fund.
It was a mistake to have elected, even re-elected UhuRuto to power, but some want to give DP Ruto a third term so as to punish Uhuru Kenyatta.
En Wach Malich!
This site serialised the theft at the national health insurer and the only thing those thieve suffered was getting transfers and sacking. No date in court.
NHIF was looted to the ground and became dysfunctional in the time of Hannah Muriithi, the chairperson whom Uhuru sacked unceremoniously.
However, what cnyakundi.com and Kenyans want to know is if the issues of theft and lopsided contract with the law firm MMC Africa was terminated.
Because, if such and other hidden contracts are still valid, then even the Sh500 forced on Kenyans to contribute won’t help the sinking ship.
It is imperative to note that Jubilee’s mantra has always been take and take. Nothing has worked.
By signing the act into law, Kenyatta will be overburdening employed Kenyans who have to fork money from their pockets to pay for their jobless relatives
UhuRuto have even raided the pensions funds to finance their large appetite to loot public funds.
Pensioners cry everyday in my inbox to expose those at BIMA House as they seek payments from their saving, but we all know why is it increasingly becoming hard to pay them. Money was stolen.
READ: Huge: NHIF Board Chair Hannah Muriithi Linked To A Ksh. 500 Million Scandal With MMC Africa
For things to begin moving, the govt must do the following:
- Arrest, charge and jail Hannah Muriithi, the immediate former board chair.
- Charge and jail Geoffrey Mwangi, the former CEO of NHIF.
- The board of NHIF must be overhauled in totality
- Sack Peter Kamunyo, NHIF CEO.
- Terminate the contract with MMC Africa as NHIF can save money by using the internal legal department. The Sh0.5 billion worth of contract should end now.
The sins of Hannah Muriirhi have not been washed, her ghost still haunts the corridors of NHIF. The corrupt cartel are still there, the looting machinery is still there.
The increase in revenue for NHIF will not solve the issue of wastage and pilferage.
- Exposed: The Corrupt Ways Of NHIF Boss Hannah Muriithi – Part 1 Of 20.
- EXPLOSIVE: Report Of Misdeeds, Illegalities & Irregularities Being Perpetuated At N.H.I.F – Part 9 Of 20
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.