Riky Rick, the South African rap star, passed away on February 23, 2022, at the age of 34.
Known for his hit single “Nafukwa” in 2014, Riky Rick was a multi-talented artist, excelling as a rapper, songwriter, singer, composer, actor, entrepreneur, and fashion designer.
He gained fame as the founder of Cotton Club Records and as a member of Boyz N Bucks.
Riky Rick’s music blended hip-hop and kwaito, and he had a significant impact on urban culture and fashion.
He actively supported emerging artists and created the annual talent showcase, Cotton Fest.
Despite his success, Riky Rick battled with depression and mental health issues for years.
Tragically, he took his own life in his recording studio in Johannesburg, leaving behind a wife and two children.
This article delves into Riky Rick’s net worth, personal life, musical journey, and lasting legacy.
Riky Rick Net Worth: How Rich Was the South African Rap Star?
One of the most common questions that fans and critics have about Riky Rick is how much he was worth before his tragic death.
Riky Rick’s net worth is not easy to calculate, as he had multiple sources of income and assets that may not be publicly disclosed.
However, based on different estimates from various websites and sources, we can try to get an approximate figure of his wealth.
According to Apumone.com, Riky Rick had a net worth of $2 million, which is equivalent to R28 million South African Rand.
CelebsMoney.com says Riky Rick’s net worth was between $100,000 and $1 million as of 2023.
According to SavannaNews.com, Riky Rick had a net worth of approximately R56 million.
As we can see, there is no definitive answer to Riky Rick’s net worth, as different sources have different methods and data to estimate his wealth.
However, we can safely say that he was one of the richest and most successful rappers in South Africa, who earned millions from his music and other ventures.
Riky Rick net worth compared to other South African rappers
|Celebrities/Rappers||Net Worth (in Rands)|
|Cassper Nyovest||R142 million|
|Nasty C||R40 million|
|Khuli Chana||R38 million|
|Riky Rick||Approximately equal to or greater than the net worth of AKA and Cassper Nyovest.|
|Bonang Matheba||R25 million|
|Trevor Noah||R23 million|
|Pearl Thusi||R20 million|
|Somizi Mhlongo||R18 million|
|Minnie Dlamini||R15 million|
Based on these figures, we can see that Riky Rick was not far behind some of the top rappers in the country, and he may have even surpassed some of them in recent years. He was also richer than some of the most popular celebrities in South Africa, such as:
- Bonang Matheba – R25 million
- Trevor Noah – R23 million
- Pearl Thusi – R20 million
- Somizi Mhlongo – R18 million
- Minnie Dlamini – R15 million
Therefore, we can conclude that Riky Rick was one of the wealthiest and most influential figures in the South African entertainment industry, who left behind a legacy of success and excellence.
Riky Rick Personal Life: Who Was He Behind the Fame?
Beyond his rap stardom, Riky Rick was a multifaceted individual, embodying various roles in his personal life.
Let us delve into the lesser-known aspects of his life, painting a vivid portrait of the man behind the music: his age, family, education, marriage, children, and cherished hobbies.
Riky Rick Age
Rikhado Muziwendlovu Makhado, known as Riky Rick, was born on July 20, 1987, in KwaMashu, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Tragically, he passed away on February 23, 2022, in Johannesburg, Gauteng, at the age of 34.
Riky Rick Family
Raised primarily by his grandmother due to his parents’ divorce during his early years, Riky Rick eventually moved to Johannesburg to reside with his father while pursuing his studies.
His mother, a lawyer, frequently traveled between the United States and South Africa.
Notably, Riky Rick had a brother, Lwazi Makhado, who also pursued a career in rap under the stage name Lwazi LVovo.
Riky Rick Education
Riky Rick received his primary and secondary education in KwaMashu.
He then attended Hilton College, an esteemed boarding school in KwaZulu-Natal, before ultimately graduating from the South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance (AFDA).
At AFDA, he focused on media studies, specializing in film production.
Riky Rick Marriage
Riky Rick tied the knot with his wife, Bianca Naidoo, in 2013 in Sandton.
Their love story began in 2010, blossoming into a deep connection.
Bianca, a successful businesswoman, manages her own beauty salon, Bonsai Studio.
Passionate about fashion, she frequently accompanied Riky Rick to events and shows, sharing his journey.
Riky Rick Children
Within his family unit, Riky Rick cherished his two children. Jordan Makhado, his daughter from Bianca’s previous relationship, was born in 2010.
Additionally, Maik Daniel Makhado, his son, arrived in 2014 and graced the cover of Riky’s debut album, “Family Values.
Riky Rick openly expressed his profound love for his children, often sharing endearing pictures and videos of them on his social media platforms.
Riky Rick Hobbies
Riky’as life extended far beyond music, encompassing a tapestry of interests and hobbies.
He possessed an ardent passion for fashion and style, collaborating with both local and international designers and brands.
Furthermore, he held a fondness for automobiles, boasting ownership of luxury vehicles like the Mercedes G Wagon and Ferrari.
Traveling and immersing himself in diverse cultures brought him great joy, indulging in literary works, movies, video games, and cherished moments with his loved ones and friends.
Riky Rick Musical Journey: How Did He Become a Rap Star?
Riky Rick, a South African rap star, emerged as a highly influential and versatile figure in the country’s music scene.
Here is a breakdown of his trajectory, covering influences, style, albums, singles, collaborations, awards, and controversies:
- Inspired by diverse genres and artists, including kwaito, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, and Snoop Dogg.
- Local talents like Zola, TKZee, ProKid, HHP, and Bongani Fassie were influential, with Bongani Fassie serving as a mentor.
- Riky Rick’s style blended hip-hop and kwaito seamlessly.
- He incorporated English, Zulu, Xhosa, Afrikaans, and Tsotsitaal into his lyrics.
- His musical tapestry included trap, Afroswing, jazz, soul, and gospel.
- Known for skillful wordplay, captivating storytelling, and charismatic delivery.
- His vibrant outfits, accessories, and hairstyles reflected his personality and cultural heritage.
- Released one studio album, “Family Values,” achieving platinum certification in 2015.
- Collaborations with artists like Cassper Nyovest, Okmalumkoolkat, Zano, and Black Motion.
- Hit singles include “Nafukwa,” “Boss Zonke,” “Sondela,” “Amantombazane (Remix),” and “Fuseg.”
- Two EPs: “Scooby Snacks” (2017) and “Stay Shining” (2017) with various collaborations.
- Popular singles include “Barbershop” (featuring Da L.E.S) , “Amantombazane” , “Sidlukotini” , and more.
- Collaborated with a diverse array of artists such as Wizkid, Major Lazer, Anatii, DJ Maphorisa, Kwesta, and many others.
- Member of the Boyz N Bucks collective with Okmalumkoolkat, Stilo Magolide, and more.
- Received accolades like MTV Africa Music Award, South African Hip Hop Award, and Metro FM Music Award.
- Engaged in disputes and conflicts with Cassper Nyovest, Mabala Noise, AKA, Nasty C, Sizwe Dhlomo, and Black Coffee.
Riky Rick’s musical journey showcased exceptional talent and versatility. His impact on the South African music scene remains profound, leaving a legacy of excellence and innovation for generations to come.
Riky Rick was a rap star who lived and died for his music.
A visionary who created his own sound and style that influenced many others.
He was a trailblazer who broke boundaries and challenged norms.
Riky Rick left us too soon, but he also left us with a rich legacy of music and memories that will live on forever.
He touched many lives with his words and actions, and he inspired many people with his passion and courage.
Ricky RIck was more than just a rap star, he was a hero.
Here are some of the quotes that Riky Rick said or wrote that can motivate and inspire us:
- “Don’t let anybody tell you what you can or can’t do. The world is yours.”
- “The only way to be happy is to do what you love. Everything else is secondary.”
- “You have to be willing to sacrifice everything for your vision. Nothing comes easy.”
- “Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is part of the process. Learn from it and move on.”
- “Be yourself. Don’t try to fit in or copy anyone else. You are unique and special.”
- “Be grateful for what you have. Don’t take anything for granted. Life is precious.”
- “Be kind to others. Don’t judge or hate anyone. We are all one.”
- “Be positive. Don’t let negativity bring you down. There is always hope.”
- “Be humble. Don’t let fame or money change you. Stay true to yourself.”
- “Be loyal. Don’t betray or hurt anyone. Trust is everything.”
Social media accounts
If you want to know more about Riky Rick, you can follow him on his social media accounts:
- Instagram: @rikyrickworld
- Twitter: @rikyrickworld
- Facebook: @rikyrickworld
- YouTube: @rikyrickworld
Thank you for reading this article about Riky Rick’s net worth, personal life, musical journey, and legacy.
We hope you enjoyed it and learned something new.
Please share your thoughts and comments below, and don’t forget to browse our website for more articles like this one.
Zowan Fayzan is a seasoned blogger specializing in news, entertainment, and celebrity biographies. With an informative and engaging writing style, he offers readers an inside look at the lives of the rich and famous.