Shakira Mebarak is a Colombian singer, songwriter, dancer, and philanthropist who has sold over 80 million records worldwide.
She is known for her distinctive voice and her fusion of various musical genres, such as pop, rock, Latin, and Arabic.
She is also famous for her energetic and sensual dance moves, especially her trademark hip-shaking.
Some of her most popular songs include “Whenever, Wherever”, “Hips Don’t Lie”, “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)”, and “La Tortura”.
Shakira is also a UNICEF goodwill ambassador and the founder of the Pies Descalzos Foundation, which supports education and health for children in Colombia.
She has said that her grandmother taught her how to move her hips when she was four years old and that belly dancing is part of her Lebanese heritage.
Shakira is 46 years old as of 2023.
She was born on February 2, 1977, in Barranquilla, Colombia.
Shakira height is around 5 feet 2 inches or 157 cm.
Her feet are a part of her body that some people may find attractive or interesting.
She wears a shoe size of 7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) and has a foot tattoo of a sun on her right foot .
She also has a toe ring on her left foot.
Shakira often shows off her feet in sandals, heels, or barefoot in her music videos and performances.
She also uses her feet to play the guitar and the harmonica in some of her concerts.
shakira net worth
Her net worth is estimated to be around $300 million or **$350 million as of 2023.
She has earned most of her fortune from her music career, selling over 95 million records worldwide.
She also has lucrative deals with Pepsi, Live Nation, and other brands.
Shakira has also been a judge on The Voice and an actress in Zootopia.
She is also a philanthropist who founded the Barefoot Foundation, which supports education and health for children in Colombia⁶..
Shakira and Pique
Shakira husband is Piqué; a famous couple who met in 2010 and separated in 2022 after 12 years together.
According to some reports, they broke up because of Piqué’s alleged infidelity.
She has described the post-breakup period as her “darkest hour” and said it was hard to protect her children from media attention.
Shakira children are 2 in number.
Shakira kids with her husband Pique are Milan and Sasha.
Recently, Shakira has been spotted with F1 star Lewis Hamilton in Barcelona.
She has two half-brothers and four half-sisters from her father’s previous marriage. Their names are:
- Tonino Mebarak: Shakira’s half-brother from her father’s first marriage.
- Alberto Mebarak: Another half-brother from her father’s first marriage.
- Lucy Mebarak: A half-sister from her father’s first marriage.
- Patricia Mebarak: Another half-sister from her father’s first marriage.
- Moises Mebarak: Shakira’s half-brother from her father’s first marriage.
- Ana Mebarak: A half-sister from her father’s second marriage.
No, She is not in jail, though she is currently awaiting trial.
She has been accused of tax fraud and rejected a settlement deal from the prosecutor’s office.
Six prosecutors have convinced a Spanish court to bring the singer to trial.
She is accused of using shell companies to conceal control of assets and putting her name on forms only in countries considered tax havens. If found guilty, she faces prison time.
Shakira new song lyrics
Shakira new song is called “Te Felicito”, which means “I Congratulate You” in English.
It is a collaboration with Puerto Rican singer Rauw Alejandro and it was released on December 17, 2022.
The song is a catchy reggaeton track that celebrates Shakira’s newfound freedom after her breakup with Gerard Piqué.
The lyrics are sarcastic and ironic, as Shakira congratulates her ex for finding someone else and moving on so quickly.
She also mocks him for his lack of maturity and intelligence and claims that she is happier without him.
Here are some of her well-known and popular songs:
- Hips Don’t Lie – A catchy and energetic collaboration with Wyclef Jean that topped charts worldwide.
- Whenever, Wherever – A breakthrough hit that showcases Shakira’s signature fusion of pop and Latin sounds.
- Shakira waka waka(This Time for Africa) – The official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which became a global anthem.
- La Tortura – A Latin pop song featuring Alejandro Sanz, known for its passionate lyrics and infectious rhythm.
- Underneath Your Clothes – A heartfelt ballad that showcases Shakira’s emotional vocals.
- She Wolf – A dance-pop track with an infectious beat and catchy hooks.
- Empire – A powerful rock-infused song that highlights Shakira’s versatility as an artist.
- Loca – A lively, up-tempo track that blends reggaeton and pop elements.
- Try Everything – A song from the Disney animated film “Zootopia,” showcasing Shakira’s uplifting vocals.
- Don’t Bother – A rock-influenced song with empowering lyrics.
This is a musical collaboration between Shakira, a Colombian singer and songwriter, and Bizarrap, an Argentine producer and beatmaker.
They released a song called “Shakira: Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53” on November 11, 2021, as part of Bizarrap’s series of music sessions with various artists.
The song is a rap track that showcases her versatility and flow, as well as Bizarrap’s signature beats and production.
This song has been a huge success, reaching over 400 million views on YouTube and becoming one of the most streamed songs on Spotify.
The song also features references to Shakira’s previous hits, such as “Whenever, Wherever”, “Hips Don’t Lie”, and “Waka Waka”.
Shakira hips don’t lie
“Hips Don’t Lie” is a song by Shakira featuring Haitian rapper Wyclef Jean.
It was released in 2006 as the second single from her seventh album Oral Fixation, Vol. 2, and became one of the best-selling singles of all time, with over 13 million copies sold.
Shakira jimmy fallon
She is a Colombian singer, songwriter and dancer who has appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon several times.
She has shown her TikTok dance skills, performed her song “Te Felicito” with Rauw Alejandro, and talked about her collaboration with Bizarrap.
Shakira is a versatile and talented artist who has captivated millions of fans with her music and dance.
She has faced many challenges and obstacles in her personal and professional life, but she has always overcome them with courage and grace.
She is a she-wolf who never gives up on her dreams and passions.
If you enjoyed this article about Shakira, you might also like to read our other celebrity articles below;
- Nick Cannon: The Man Behind the Masked Singer
- Mariah Carey: The Queen of Christmas and Her Festive Legacy
- Tommy Mottola Net Worth: From Singer to CEO to Media Tycoon
- Vincent D’Onofrio: His Family Life and Philanthropy
- Celine Dion Early Life and Career: From Singing in Her Parents’ Bar to Winning Eurovision