Tom Welling is an American actor, director, producer, and model who has starred in various movies and TV shows, as well as theater and video games.
He is best known for his role as Clark Kent/Superman in the superhero drama Smallville, which ran for 10 seasons from 2001 to 2011.
He also played Lt. Marcus Pierce/Cain in the third season of the fantasy comedy-drama Lucifer, and Vincent Corbo in the action series Professionals.
In this article, we will explore Tom Welling’s movies and TV shows, as well as his age, height, spouse, net worth, and his portrayal of Superman.
Tom Welling Movies and TV Shows
Tom Welling has appeared in many movies and TV shows throughout his career. Some of his most notable ones are:
- Smallville (2001-2011): He played Clark Kent/Superman, the iconic DC Comics superhero who grows up in Smallville before becoming a reporter at the Daily Planet and fighting evil in Metropolis. He also directed seven episodes and served as an executive producer for the last two seasons.
- Lucifer (2017-2018): He played Lt. Marcus Pierce/Cain, a police lieutenant who is secretly the world’s first murderer and immortal being who seeks to end his curse by finding true love or killing Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis), the Devil himself.
- Professionals (2020): He played Vincent Corbo, a former counterintelligence officer who leads a team of experts hired by a billionaire to recover his satellite that was sabotaged by terrorists.
- Cheaper by the Dozen (2003) and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005): He played Charlie Baker, the eldest son of Tom (Steve Martin) and Kate Baker (Bonnie Hunt), who have twelve children.
- The Fog (2005): He played Nick Castle, a fisherman who investigates the mysterious fog that engulfs his town and unleashes vengeful spirits.
- Draft Day (2014): He played Brian Drew, a veteran quarterback who faces competition from a rookie drafted by his team’s general manager (Kevin Costner).
- The Choice (2016): He played Ryan McCarthy, a doctor who is engaged to Gabby Holland (Teresa Palmer), a medical student who falls in love with her neighbor Travis Parker (Benjamin Walker).
Tom Welling Young
Tom Welling is the son of Bonnie and Thomas Welling, who is a retired executive for General Motors.
Tom Welling grew up in a family that was involved in performing arts. His mother and both his maternal grandparents were opera singers.
He started singing and acting at a young age and attended the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts.
He graduated in 1995 and moved to Hollywood to pursue an acting career.
Tom Welling also worked as a construction worker and a model for brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Calvin Klein.
He made his TV debut in 2001 with guest roles in Special Unit 2, Undeclared, and Judging Amy.
Tom Welling Age
Tom Welling is currently 44 years old as of 2021.
He was born on April 26, 1977.
Tom Welling Height
Tom Welling is 6 feet 2¾ inches (1.9 m) tall.
He has blue eyes and blonde hair.
He is of English, German, Swiss-German, French-Canadian, and Belgian descent.
Tom Welling Net Worth
Tom Welling has a net worth of $14 million as of 2021.
He has earned his wealth from his acting and modeling career in movies, TV shows, theater, and video games.
He has also endorsed brands such as L’Oréal and Marks & Spencer.
Tom Welling Spouse
Tom Welling has been married twice.
His first wife was Jamie White, a model whom he married on July 5, 2002.
They lived in Vancouver, Canada, until 2011 when they moved back to Los Angeles.
They divorced in November 2015 after 13 years of marriage.
His second wife is Jessica Rose Lee, an equestrian and the founder of Saddle Club.
They began dating in 2014 and became engaged in April 2018.
The two tied the knot on November 30, 2019.
They have two children together: Thomson Wylde, born in 2019, and Rocklin Von, born in June 2021.
Tom Welling Superman
Tom Welling is one of the most popular actors who have portrayed Superman on screen.
He played the role for 10 seasons on Smallville, which chronicled the origin story of Clark Kent from his teenage years to his adulthood.
He also reprised the role in the Arrowverse crossover event Crisis on Infinite Earths, where he appeared as an older and retired Superman who gave up his powers to live a normal life with Lois Lane (Erica Durance) and their daughters.
Tom Welling has said that he enjoyed playing Superman and that he felt a connection with the character.
Christopher Reeve, who played Superman in four movies from 1978 to 1987, influenced him.
He has also expressed his admiration for Henry Cavill, who played Superman in the DC Extended Universe films.
Tom Welling is an accomplished actor, director, producer, and model who has starred in various movies and TV shows, as well as theater and video games.
Tom Welling is not only an actor but also a singer who has a four-octave vocal range.
He has sung in some of his movies and TV shows, such as Cheaper by the Dozen, The Choice, and Smallville.
Tom Welling is one of the most talented and respected actors in the entertainment industry today.