Vicente Fernández is one of the most famous and influential singers of ranchera music, a traditional genre of Mexican folk music.
He has recorded over 50 albums and sold over 100 million copies worldwide.
Vicente Fernández has won several awards, such as Grammys, Latin Grammys, and Billboard Latin Music Awards.
He is also known as “El Rey de la Canción Ranchera” (The King of Ranchera Music) and “El Charro de Huentitán” (The Cowboy of Huentitán). But who are Vicente Fernández’s parents and how did they shape his life and career?
In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about Vicente Fernández’s family, from his parents and siblings to his wife and children.
Vicente Fernández Age
Vicente Fernández was born on February 17, 1940, in Huentitán el Alto, Jalisco, Mexico.
He is currently 83 years old as of 2023.
He grew up in a humble and rural environment, where he learned to love horses, music, and nature.
Vicente Fernández Height
Vicente Fernández is 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm) tall.
He has a robust build and weighs around 80 kg (176 lbs).
He has black hair and brown eyes.
Vicente Fernández Parents
Vicente Fernández’s parents are Ramón Fernández and Paula Gómez de Fernández.
Ramón was a rancher who owned a small piece of land in Huentitán el Alto. Paula was a housewife who took care of the family.
They were both of mestizo descent, meaning they had a mix of Spanish and indigenous ancestry.
sThey had eight children: Vicente, Ramón, Gerardo, Guadalupe, Alejandro, María del Refugio, José Luis, and María de la Luz.
Vicente Fernández’s parents were very supportive of his musical talent.
They bought him his first guitar when he was six years old and encouraged him to sing at local events.
Vicente Fernández Net Worth
Vicente Fernández has a net worth of $25 million as of 2023.
He earns most of his money from his music sales, concerts, endorsements, and royalties.
He also owns several properties, horses, cars, and other assets.
Vicente Fernández Wife
Vicente Fernández’s wife is María del Refugio Abarca Villaseñor, also known as Cuca Abarca or Cuquita Fernández.
She is a former beauty queen who won the Miss Jalisco contest in 1962.
She is of Spanish descent and converted to Catholicism before marrying Vicente.
Vicente Fernández met Cuca in 1962 at a party in Guadalajara.
They started dating soon after and got engaged in 1963.
The two tied the knot on December 27, 1963, in Zapopan, Jalisco. They have been married for over 60 years and are still very much in love.
Vicente Fernández Children
Vicente Fernández has four children with Cuca: Vicente Jr., Gerardo, Alejandro, and Alejandra. They are all involved in the music industry as singers or producers. They have also inherited their father’s charisma and talent.
- Vicente Jr.: He was born on February 1, 1965, in Mexico City. He is the eldest son of Vicente Fernández and the leader of the band Los Potrillos (The Colts).
- Gerardo: He was born on August 14, 1966, in Mexico City. He is the second son of Vicente Fernández and the founder of the record label G&G Music.
- Alejandro: He was born on April 24, 1971, in Mexico City. He is the third son of Vicente Fernández and the most famous and successful of his children. He is known as “El Potrillo” (The Colt) and has sold over 30 million albums worldwide. .
- Alejandra: She was born on July 14, 1973, in Mexico City. She is the only daughter of Vicente Fernández and the youngest of his children. She is known as “La Potranca” (The Filly) and has recorded several albums, such as “Alejandra Fernández”, “Viento a Favor”, “Así”, and “A Corazón Abierto”. She is also an actress and a TV host. She has been married once and has two children.
Vicente Fernández Popular Songs
Vicente Fernández has recorded over 50 albums and over 300 songs in his career. He has sung various genres of Mexican music, such as ranchera, mariachi, bolero, corrido, huapango, and son. He has also sung in other languages, such as English, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Quechua. Vicente Fernández has collaborated with many famous artists, such as Plácido Domingo, Julio Iglesias, José Alfredo Jiménez, Juan Gabriel, and Ana Gabriel.
Some of Vicente Fernández’s most popular and acclaimed songs are:
- “Volver Volver” (To Return To Return): A ranchera song about a man who wants to return to his lover despite the pain he caused her.
- “Por Tu Maldito Amor” (For Your Damn Love): A ranchera song about a man who suffers from his lover’s betrayal and abandonment.
- “Acá Entre Nos” (Between You and Me): A ranchera song about a man who confesses his true feelings to his former lover.
- “El Rey” (The King): A ranchera song about a man who declares himself the king of his own life despite his misfortunes.
- “Mujeres Divinas” (Divine Women): A ranchera song that praises the beauty and virtues of women.
- “Estos Celos” (These Jealousies): A ranchera song about a man who is tormented by his jealousy for his lover.
- “Hermoso Cariño” (Beautiful Affection): A ranchera song that expresses gratitude for a lover’s affection.
- “Para Siempre” (Forever): A ranchera song that promises eternal love to a lover.
- “Las Llaves de Mi Alma” (The Keys to My Soul): A ranchera song that offers one’s soul to a lover.
- “La Diferencia” (The Difference): A bolero song that compares one’s love to another’s indifference.
Vicente Fernández Netflix
Vicente Fernández has been featured in several Netflix productions, both as an actor and as a singer. Some of them are:
- Como Caído del Cielo (Like Fallen from Heaven): A comedy film about a singer who dies and reincarnates in the body of an impersonator of Pedro Infante, a legendary Mexican actor and singer. Vicente Fernández plays himself in a cameo role.
- El Potro: Lo Mejor del Amor (The Colt: The Best of Love): A biographical film about Rodrigo Bueno, an Argentine singer who died in a car crash at the age of 27. Vicente Fernández sings the theme song of the film, which is a cover of Rodrigo’s hit “Lo Mejor del Amor”.
- Luis Miguel: La Serie (Luis Miguel: The Series): A biographical series about Luis Miguel, one of the most successful Latin singers of all time.
Vicente Fernández is a legend of ranchera music, a traditional genre of Mexican folk music. He has recorded over 50 albums and over 300 songs in his career.
Vicente Fernández’s wife is María del Refugio Abarca Villaseñor.
He is grateful for his parents, who supported his dreams and inspired him.