Andy Cohen Net Worth: How the Bravo Host Earns and Spends His Millions/PHOTO COURTESY: Getty Images
Andy Cohen is one of the most recognizable faces on television, thanks to his role as the host and executive producer of Bravo’s late-night talk show, Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.
He is also the creator and executive producer of several popular reality television shows, including The Real Housewives franchise, Project Runway, and Queer Eye.
In addition to his work in television, Andy is a best-selling author, a radio host, and a proud father of two children.
But how much money does Andy Cohen have, and how does he earn and spend it?
Here’s everything you need to know about Andy Cohen’s net worth, salary, sources of income, and lifestyle.
How much money is Andy Cohen worth?
Andy Cohen has an estimated net worth of $50 million as of 2023. This figure is based on his earnings from his various endeavors in the entertainment industry, as well as his investments and assets.
How much is Andy Cohen worth in 2023?
Andy Cohen’s net worth is expected to increase in 2023, as he continues to expand his portfolio of projects and ventures.
Some of the upcoming projects that Andy is involved in include:
- The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper: A new Sunday primetime series on CNN that features Andy and his longtime friend Anderson Cooper as they explore the stories behind the headlines.
- The Real Housewives All Stars: A spin-off series that brings together some of the most iconic cast members from different Real Housewives franchises for a vacation in Turks and Caicos.
- The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip: Another spin-off series that follows seven Real Housewives stars as they travel to different destinations around the world.
- For Real: The Story of Reality TV: A documentary series that examines the history and impact of reality television, hosted by Andy.
- The Daddy Diaries: The Year I Grew Up: A memoir that chronicles Andy’s first year as a father to his son Benjamin and daughter Lucy.
How much does Andy Cohen earn?
Andy Cohen’s salary is not publicly disclosed, but it is estimated that he earns around $10 million per year from his various sources of income.
Some of the main sources of income for Andy are:
- Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen: Andy’s flagship show on Bravo, where he interviews celebrities, plays games, and dishes on pop culture. The show has been on air since 2009 and has over 1,000 episodes.
- Radio Andy: Andy’s own channel on SiriusXM, where he hosts a two-hour live show with co-host John Hill twice a week. He also produces and oversees other shows on the channel, such as Reality Checked, Jeff Lewis Live, Bevelations, and Amy Phillips’ Reality Checked.
- The Real Housewives franchise: Andy is the executive producer and reunion host of the hit reality series that follows the lives of affluent women in different cities across America. The franchise has spawned several spin-offs and international versions, making it one of the most successful brands in television history.
- Books: Andy is a best-selling author who has written four books so far: Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture (2012), The Andy Cohen Diaries: A Deep Look at a Shallow Year (2014), Superficial: More Adventures from the Andy Cohen Diaries (2016), and The Daddy Diaries: The Year I Grew Up (2023). His books are humorous and candid accounts of his personal and professional experiences.
- Live tours: Andy often goes on live tours with his friends and colleagues, such as Anderson Cooper, John Mayer, and the Real Housewives stars. He performs comedy shows, interviews guests, and interacts with fans across the country
How did Andy Cohen make his money?
Andy Cohen started his career in television as an intern at CBS News in 1990.
He spent 10 years on the network, eventually becoming a senior producer for The Early Show and a producer for 48 Hours and CBS This Morning.
In 2000, he joined Trio as the vice president of original programming.
In 2004, he moved to Bravo as the vice president of original programming and development.
He was responsible for creating original content, developing innovative formats, and identifying new talent.
He also served as executive producer on shows like Top Chef, Project Runway, Queer Eye, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, Flipping Out, Million Dollar Listing New York, Inside the Actors Studio, and many more.
In 2009, he launched his own talk show Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Bravo, which became a huge success and made him a household name.
He also started hosting the reunions for the Real Housewives franchise, which became a cultural phenomenon.
In 2013, he resigned from his executive position at Bravo but remained as an executive producer and host for the network.
He also launched his own production company, Most Talkative, which produces shows like For Real: The Story of Reality TV, The Real Housewives All Stars, and The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip.
In 2015, he launched his own radio channel on SiriusXM, Radio Andy, where he hosts his own show and produces other shows.
He welcomed his son Benjamin in February 2019 and his daughter Lucy in June 2022.
He also wrote a book about his first year as a father, The Daddy Diaries: The Year I Grew Up, which was released in May 2023.
Anderson Cooper’s net worth
Anderson Cooper is Andy Cohen’s longtime friend and frequent collaborator.
They met in the late 1990s when they were set up on a blind date by mutual friends, but the date never happened because Cooper was put off by Cohen’s question about his mother, Gloria Vanderbilt.
However, they reconnected a few years later on vacation and became close friends.
They have since appeared on each other’s shows, co-hosted CNN’s New Year’s Eve broadcast, gone on live tours together, and supported each other through major life events.
They are also both single fathers who welcomed their sons via surrogacy. Cooper’s son Wyatt was born in April 2020 and is the biological sibling of Cohen’s son Benjamin.
Anderson Cooper has an estimated net worth of $200 million as of 2023.
He is one of the most respected and influential journalists in the world, working as an anchor for CNN and a correspondent for 60 Minutes.
He also hosts his own show, Anderson Cooper 360°, which covers breaking news and current affairs.
Andy has won several awards for his reporting, including multiple Emmys, Peabodys, and GLAAD Media Awards.
He is also an author who has written two books: Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival (2006) and The Rainbow Comes and Goes: A Mother and Son on Life, Love, and Loss (2016), which he co-wrote with his mother.
Andy Cohen husband
Andy Cohen is not married and does not have a husband as of 2023.
He is openly gay and has dated several men in the past, but none of them have lasted long enough to become his spouse.
Some of his ex-boyfriends include:
- John Arthur Hill: A musical theater actor and radio host who co-hosts Andy Cohen Live with Cohen on SiriusXM. They dated for three years before breaking up in December 2020.
- Clifton Dassuncao: A Harvard PhD student who was dubbed “Brazilian Andy Samberg” by Cohen. They dated from 2016 to 2018 before splitting up shortly before Cohen announced that he was expecting his first child via surrogate.
- Sean Avery: A former NHL player who came out as bisexual in 2015. He and Cohen were rumored to be dating in 2016 after they were spotted together on vacation in the Hamptons. However, they denied the rumors and claimed that they were just friends.
- Lance Bass: A former member of the boy band NSYNC who came out as gay in 2006. He and Cohen briefly dated in the early 2000s before realizing that they were better off as friends. They have remained close ever since and often appear on each other’s shows.
Andy Cohen wife
Andy Cohen does not have a wife as he is openly gay and has never been married to a woman.
He came out to his parents when he was 22 years old and has been living as an out and proud gay man ever since.
He once joked that his mother told him that she would have hated his wife anyway after he came out to her.
Does Andy Cohen own Bravo?
Andy Cohen does not own Bravo, but he is one of the most influential figures in the network.
He was the head of original programming and development at Bravo from 2004 to 2013, where he oversaw the creation and production of many hit shows, such as The Real Housewives franchise, Top Chef, Project Runway, Queer Eye, and more.
He also launched his own talk show, Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, which became a staple of Bravo’s late-night lineup.
In 2013, Andy resigned from his executive position at Bravo, but he remained as an executive producer and host for the network.
He also launched his own production company, Most Talkative, which produces shows for Bravo and other networks, such as For Real: The Story of Reality TV, The Real Housewives All Stars, and The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip.
He also signed a multi-year deal with Bravo to continue hosting the reunions for the Real Housewives franchise and other specials.
Andy has a close relationship with Bravo and its parent company, NBCUniversal.
He is often consulted by the executives and producers on various matters related to the network’s programming and talent.
Andy is also a frequent guest on other NBCUniversal shows, such as Today, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and Saturday Night Live.
He is considered one of the faces and voices of Bravo and its loyal fan base.
Andy Cohen kids
Andy Cohen is a proud father of two kids: Benjamin Allen Cohen and Lucy Cohen.
He welcomed both of his children via surrogate using his own sperm and an egg donor.
Andy decided to become a father after he turned 50 years old and realized that he wanted to have a family of his own.
He said that becoming a father was the most rewarding and fulfilling experience of his life.
Andy shares his parenting journey with his fans and followers on social media and his shows.
He often posts adorable pictures and videos of his kids on Instagram and Twitter, where he has over 4 million followers each.
Andy also talks about his kids on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and Radio Andy, where he shares funny stories and cute anecdotes about them.
He also invites his celebrity friends and guests to meet his kids and babysit them occasionally.
Andy is raising his kids as Jewish, as he is proud of his Jewish heritage and faith.
He had a bris ceremony for Benjamin when he was eight days old, where he was circumcised and given his Hebrew name Baruch Avraham.
Andy also had a baby naming ceremony for Lucy when she was six months old, where she was given her Hebrew name Leah Rachel.
He also celebrates Jewish holidays and traditions with his kids, such as Hanukkah, Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Purim, and Shabbat.
Andy is also teaching his kids to be open-minded and tolerant of different people and cultures.
He said that he wants his kids to grow up in a world where they can be themselves and love whoever they want without fear or judgment.
He said that he hopes his kids will be kind, compassionate, generous, smart, funny, creative, and happy.
Andy Cohen is one of the most successful and influential personalities in the entertainment industry.
He has a net worth of $50 million as of 2023, which he earned from his various endeavors in television, radio, books, live tours, and more.
Andy is best known as the host and executive producer of Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and The Real Housewives franchise on Bravo.
He is also a best-selling author who has written four books so far.
Andy is a single father who has two kids via surrogate: Benjamin Allen Cohen and Lucy Cohen.
He is a proud gay man who supports LGBTQ+ rights and causes.
Andy is a loyal friend who has a close bond with many celebrities, especially Anderson Cooper.
He is a fun-loving and charismatic person who enjoys pop culture, gossip, games, and cocktails.
He is Andy Cohen, and he is living his best life.
If you found this article impressive follow our blog page for more as sampled below: