Halle Berry is one of the most successful and acclaimed actresses in Hollywood, with a career spanning over three decades.
She has won an Oscar, a Golden Globe, an Emmy, and many other awards for her performances in films such as Monster’s Ball, X-Men, and Catwoman.
But who are the people behind her fame and fortune? Who are Halle Berry’s parents and what is their story?
In this article, we will explore the biography of Halle Berry and her family, from her childhood to her present day.
Halle Berry Age
Halle Berry was born on August 14, 1966, in Cleveland, Ohio.
She is currently 57 years old as of September 2023.
Berry has a younger brother named Renee Berry and an older sister named Heidi Berry-Henderson.
She legally changed her name to Halle when she was five years old, after a local department store called Halle’s.
Halle Berry Parents
Judith is an English immigrant from Liverpool, who worked as a psychiatric nurse.
Jerome is an African-American man from Clarksdale, Mississippi, who worked as a hospital attendant and later as a bus driver.
Her mom raised her and her sister in a white area after her dad left.
Halle Berry Spouse
Halle Berry has been married three times and has two children from different relationships.
Her first husband was David Justice, a former baseball player for the Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves, and New York Yankees.
They got married in 1993 and divorced in 1997.
Halle later accused David of being physically and emotionally abusive, but he denied the allegations and said that he never hit her.
Her second husband was Eric Benét, a singer-songwriter and actor.
They met in 1997 and got married in 2001.
Halle also adopted Eric’s daughter India from his previous relationship.
However, their marriage ended in 2005 after Eric admitted to having a sex addiction and cheating on Halle with multiple women.
Her third husband was Olivier Martinez, a French actor known for his roles in Unfaithful, S.W.A.T., and Blood and Chocolate.
They met in 2010 while filming Dark Tide in South Africa and got married in 2013 in France.
They welcomed their son Maceo-Robert Martinez in October 2013. However, their marriage also ended in divorce in 2023 after two years of separation.
Halle Berry Kids
Halle Berry has two children: Nahla Ariela Aubry and Maceo-Robert Martinez.
Nahla is her daughter with Gabriel Aubry, a Canadian model whom she dated from 2005 to 2010.
Nahla was born on March 16, 2008, in Los Angeles, California.
Maceo is her son with Olivier Martinez, her third ex-husband.
Maceo was born on October 5, 2013, in Los Angeles, California.
She said that Maceo was a miracle baby because she conceived him naturally at the age of 46.
Halle Berry Net Worth
Halle Berry net worth of $90 million as of September 2023.
She has earned most of her wealth from her acting career in various movies and television shows.
Berry has also earned money from endorsements, such as Revlon cosmetics, which she has been a spokesmodel for since 1996.
She started 606 Films in 2014 and produced several projects, including Extant and Bruised, which she directed.
Halle Berry Movies
Halle Berry has appeared in over 50 movies and television shows since her debut in 1989. Some of her most notable movies are:
- Jungle Fever (1991): Her breakthrough role as a crack addict named Vivian in Spike Lee’s film about interracial relationships.
- Boomerang (1992): Her first leading role as Angela Lewis, a career woman who falls in love with a womanizing executive played by Eddie Murphy.
- The Flintstones (1994): Her comedic role as Sharon Stone, a seductive secretary who schemes to ruin Fred Flintstone’s life.
- Losing Isaiah (1995): Her dramatic role as Khaila Richards, a drug-addicted mother who fights to regain custody of her son from his adoptive parents.
- Bulworth (1998): Her political satire role as Nina, a young activist who helps a suicidal senator played by Warren Beatty.
- Introducing Dorothy Dandridge (1999): Her award-winning role as Dorothy Dandridge, the first African-American woman to be nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress.
- X-Men (2000): Her superhero role as Storm, a mutant who can control the weather and a member of the X-Men team.
- Swordfish (2001): Her action role as Ginger Knowles, a mysterious woman who works with a hacker played by Hugh Jackman and a terrorist played by John Travolta.
- Monster’s Ball (2001): Her Oscar-winning role as Leticia Musgrove, a widow who falls in love with a racist prison guard played by Billy Bob Thornton.
- Die Another Day (2002): Her Bond girl role as Jinx Johnson, an NSA agent who teams up with James Bond played by Pierce Brosnan.
- Catwoman (2004): Her infamous role as Patience Phillips/Catwoman, a shy graphic designer who gains cat-like abilities and becomes a vigilante.
- Cloud Atlas (2012): Her multiple roles as various characters in different timelines and genres, from a journalist in the 1970s to a tribal woman in the post-apocalyptic future.
- The Call (2013): Her thriller role as Jordan Turner, a 911 operator who tries to save a kidnapped girl from a serial killer.
- Kidnap (2017): Her action role as Karla Dyson, a single mother who chases after the kidnappers of her son.
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum (2019): Her action role as Sofia Al-Azwar, an assassin and an old friend of John Wick played by Keanu Reeves.
- Bruised (2020): Her directorial debut and drama role as Jackie Justice, a disgraced MMA fighter who tries to redeem herself and reconnect with her son
Halle Berry is an actress who has made history and broken barriers with her talent and beauty.
She has won many awards and accolades for her performances in various genres and mediums.
She is also a producer and director who has created her own projects and is an inspiration to many people around the world.
Halle Berry is not only an actress but also an icon.