Is Gladys Knight Dead? The Truth Behind the Death Hoax
Gladys Knight is a singer known as the Empress of Soul and has won seven Grammy Awards, she rose to fame as the lead vocalist of the group Gladys Knight & the Pips and later pursued a successful solo career.
She is also an actress, author, and humanitarian.
Recently, she became the victim of a death hoax that spread online and caused confusion and concern among her fans.
In this article, we will reveal the truth behind the death hoax and update you on her current status and activities.
How did the death hoax start?
The death hoax started from a YouTube channel named Allan Radio, which posted a video claiming that they had received confirmation of Gladys Knight’s death.
The video was titled “10 Minutes Ago / We Report Sad News About Gladys Knight / Goodbye Gladys Knight” and had no description or source.
The channel also posted similar videos about other celebrities, such as Tom Selleck, Anne Heche, Simon Le Bon, and Ann-Margret, all of whom are alive and well.
The comments were disabled for these videos, which raised suspicion about their credibility.
How did the online community react?
The online community reacted with shock and sadness to the news of Gladys Knight’s death, until they realized that it was a hoax.
Many people took to social media to express their relief and anger at the pranksters who spread the false rumour.
Some people also shared their admiration and appreciation for Gladys Knight’s music and legacy.
Here are some examples of the tweets that were posted:
- @mzshirls: I just saw a video saying Gladys Knight passed away. I almost had a heart attack. Thank God it’s not true. She is one of my favorite singers of all time. Whoever did this is sick and evil.
- @jazzman: Gladys Knight is not dead. Stop spreading lies. She is a living legend and deserves respect. Her voice is a gift to the world.
- @soulfulsista: Gladys Knight is alive and well. She is still performing and inspiring millions of people with her talent and grace. She is a queen and an icon. Long live the Empress of Soul.
What is Gladys Knight doing now?
Gladys Knight is still active and busy with her career and personal life.
She recently performed at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden as a special guest on the last tour of The O’Jays, Last Stop On The Love Train.
Gladys also appeared on the TV show The Masked Singer as the Bee in 2019, where she finished in third place.
She released her latest album, Where My Heart Belongs, in 2014, which won her a Grammy Award for Best Gospel Album 4.
Gladys Knight is also involved in various charitable causes, such as fighting diabetes, cancer, HIV/AIDS, and hunger.
She has supported organizations such as :
- the American Diabetes Association
- the American Cancer Society
- the Elton John AIDS Foundation
- Feed The Children
She has also written two autobiographies, Between Each Line of Pain and Glory (1997) and At Last (2001), where she shared her personal struggles and triumphs.
Gladys Knight is not dead.
She is alive and well and continues to shine as one of the most influential and respected singers in history.
She has been the target of a death hoax that originated from a YouTube channel that posted fake news about several celebrities.
The online community quickly debunked the hoax and showed their love and support for Gladys Knight.
She is a legend who has touched many lives with her music and spirit.
Gladys Knight is alive, and we are glad she is.
If you found this article impressive follow for more on our blog as sampled below:
- How did Elon Musk get his start?
- Mickey Ward’s Wife: Are They Still Married? A Closer Look at His Family
- Robbie McKinley Skateboarder Death, Reddit, Tributes, GoFundMe
- Tom Selleck Net Worth 2022: How the Hollywood Legend Built His Fortune