Robin Wright is an American actress who has received various accolades, including a Golden Globe Award and eight Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
She rose to fame with her role as Kelly Capwell in the soap opera Santa Barbara and her breakthrough role as Princess Buttercup in the cult film The Princess Bride.
She has also starred in acclaimed films such as Forrest Gump, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Wonder Woman, and Blade Runner 2049.
On television, she is best known for her role as Claire Underwood in the Netflix political drama series House of Cards, for which she also directed several episodes.
In this article, we will explore Robin Wright’s life and career, from her early days as a model to her recent work as a director and producer.
Robin Wright age
Robin Wright was born on April 8, 1966.
As of May 2023, she is 57 years old.
how tall is Robin Wright is
Robin Wright is 5 feet 6 inches tall (168 cm).
Robin Wright feet
Wright’s feet are a thing of beauty.
She wears a shoe size of 8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) and she also has a page on wikifeet.com, which rates her feet as 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 1,029 votes.
They’re long and slender and perfectly proportioned, with delicate arches and elegant toes.
Robin wright young
Robin Wright was a young and beautiful actress who started her career as a model and a soap opera star.
She was born in Dallas, Texas, and grew up in San Diego, California.
She began her professional career as a model when she was 14, and worked both in Paris and Japan.
At the age of 18, she played Kelly Capwell in the NBC Daytime soap opera Santa Barbara, for which she received several Daytime Emmy Award nominations.
She transitioned to film with a role in Hollywood Vice Squad in 1986, followed by her breakthrough role as Princess Buttercup in the cult film The Princess Bride in 1987.
Wright received critical acclaim and recognition for her performance as the beautiful and brave princess who falls in love with a farm boy turned pirate.
She then starred in several films in the late 80s and early 90s, such as State of Grace, The Playboys, Toys, and Denial.
Her most notable role as a young actress was Jenny Curran in Forrest Gump, a 1994 epic comedy-drama film that won six Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
She played the childhood friend and love interest of Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks), a slow-witted but kind-hearted man who witnesses and influences several historical events in the 20th century.
She received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as Jenny, who goes through a turbulent life of abuse, drugs, activism, and illness.
Robin wright net worth
Robin Wright has a net worth of $65 million as of 2023.
She is one of the highest-paid actresses in the United States, earning $9 million per year for her role in House of Cards.
She has earned most of her money by starring in critically acclaimed films and television series.
Robin Wright spouse
Wright has been married three times in her life.
- Robin Wright husband is Clement Giraudet, a French fashion executive who works for Saint Laurent as the worldwide VIP relations manager. They met at a fashion show in Paris in 2017 and got married in a low-key ceremony in France in 2018. However, they filed for divorce in 2022, citing irreconcilable differences.
- Dane Witherspoon, an actor whom she met on the soap opera Santa Barbara and married in 1986. They divorced in 1988.
- Sean Penn, an actor and director whom she met in the film State of Grace and married in 1996. They have two children together, Dylan and Hopper. They separated and reconciled several times before finalizing their divorce in 2010.
Robin Wright children
Wright has two children, Dylan, and Hopper Penn, with her ex-husband Sean Penn.
Dylan was born in April 1991 and Hopper was born in August 1993.
Her children have followed their parents into showbiz, working as models and actors.
Dylan has appeared in films such as Elvis & Nixon and Flag Day, which was directed by her father and also starred her brother.
Hopper has appeared in films such as War Machine and Puppy Love.
Both of them have also modeled for brands like Gap and Ralph Lauren.
Robin Wright movies and tv shows
Robin Wright has appeared in many movies and TV shows throughout her career. Some of her most notable works are:
- The Princess Bride (1987), a fantasy comedy film where she played the beautiful Princess Buttercup.
- Forrest Gump (1994), a drama film where she played Jenny, the love interest of the titular character played by Tom Hanks. She received a Golden Globe nomination for her performance.
- House of Cards (2013-2018), a Netflix political drama series where she played Claire Underwood, the wife of Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) and later the President of the United States. She won a Golden Globe and was nominated for six Primetime Emmy Awards for her role. She also directed several episodes of the series.
- Robin Wright in Wonder Woman (2017) and Wonder Woman 1984 (2020), are superhero films where she played Antiope, the aunt of Diana Prince (Gal Gadot), and the general of the Amazon warriors.
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017), a science fiction film where she played Lieutenant Joshi, the boss of K (Ryan Gosling), a replicant of Blade Runner.
- Land (2021), a drama film where she played Edee, a woman who isolates herself in the wilderness after a personal tragedy. She also made her feature directorial debut with this film.
Robin Wright forrest gump
Robin Wright played Jenny Curran in Forrest Gump, a 1994 American epic comedy-drama film directed by Robert Zemeckis and based on the novel by Winston Groom.
Wright received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her performance.
The film was a critical and commercial success, winning six Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor for Hanks.
Thank you for reading this article about Robin Wright, one of the most talented and versatile actresses in Hollywood.
She has had a remarkable career that spans over four decades and various genres.
Robin has also proven herself as a director and producer, creating her own vision and voice in the industry.
She is an inspiration to many aspiring actors and filmmakers, as well as a role model for women empowerment.
Maya Scarlett is a talented and versatile blogger with a keen interest in news, entertainment, sports, and celebrity biographies.