- Here the promotion is not via merit it’s handed out non-competitively to those whom the administration wants and there is nothing we can do about it. Secondly, the Deputy general manager (Gachuhi)is blacklisted by world bank for squandering money in the previous Rift valley railways (RVR) before he was thrown out by Kenya railways.
- There is a lot of racism which has even spread to watchmen who belong to Deeway security company which is owned by the Chinese such that they prohibit workers from passing through a gate which they allow only Chinese employees. If one attempts to pass there they are told, “ngozi nyeusi hairuhusiwi hapa”
- There are some employees from car-depot who were on extended probation but on completion they were awarded contacts by China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC). They were told they were entitled to a medical cover which to date remains a pipe dream. Till now, they have never been given and on following up they are told that the company has decided to do away with it. My question is how is it possible yet wakubwa head office wakonayo?.
- On working hours, the bosses leave early, but we have to work from Monday to Saturday 6pm and on Saturday sometimes we are forced to walk for 3km as the bus will have taken the Chinese for an outing. The deputy general manager had even proposed that transport allowance to be scrapped off since we are given a bus to nation gate the biggest question is do we live at nation? Yet all workers at the head office leave at 12 pm each Saturday.
- On employee welfare, they never pay mind to it. Last year, we lost a colleague at the locomotive section and on the burial day the company never even offered transport to the burial site. The staff members who attended the burial didn’t receive salaries for days not worked.
- Currently we have been forced to stay at home while the Chinese keep on working. This they say is because they fear tutawaambukiza (we will infect them) corona. If this isn’t racism, then what is? Yet Kenya Railways has been keeping quiet about it
please find the attached new contracts and notices and how we are being shafted dry fry
One file withheld due to sensitive personal data
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.