The series follows his adventures with Yennefer, a sorceress, and Ciri, a princess.
The show premiered on Netflix in 2019 and has been renewed for a third season in 2021.
In this article, we will explore the cast of The Witcher, their roles, and some interesting facts about them.
Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia
He also starred in The Tudors, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, and Enola Holmes.
He is a fan of The Witcher books and games and actively pursued the role of Geralt.
Henry underwent extensive training and diet to transform his physique and voice for the character.
He also performed most of his stunts and fight scenes.
He is the cast leader and has a close bond with his co-stars.
Anya Chalotra as Yennefer
Chalotra Anya is a British actress of Indian origin who rose to fame as Yennefer, a powerful and beautiful sorceress with a complicated relationship with Geralt.
She also appeared in Wanderlust, The ABC Murders, and Sherwood.
Anya was nominated for a BAFTA TV Award for her performance as Yennefer.
She had to wear contact lenses, prosthetics, and makeup to portray Yennefer’s transformation from a hunchback to a stunning image.
She also learned horse riding and sword fighting for the role.
Freya Allan as Ciri
Allan Freya is a British actress who plays Ciri, the princess of Cintra and the Child of Surprise, destined to be Geralt’s ward and protege.
She also starred in The War of the Worlds, The Third Day, and Gunpowder Milkshake.
She was cast as Ciri after auditioning for several minor roles in the show.
Freya had to dye her hair white and learn the Elder Speech, a fictional language, for the role.
She also trained in martial arts and parkour to prepare for Ciri’s action scenes.
Joey Batey as Jaskier
Batey Joey is a British actor and musician who plays Jaskier, a bard and Geralt’s friend and companion.
He also appeared in Knightfall, The White Queen, and The Riot Club.
He is the voice behind the catchy song “Toss a Coin to Your Witcher”, which became a viral hit and a meme.
Joey also plays the lute and sings in the show.
He has a great chemistry with Cavill and often improvises his lines and jokes.
Eamon Farren as Cahir
Farren Eamon is an Australian actor who plays Cahir, a Nilfgaardian knight who is obsessed with finding Ciri.
He also starred in Twin Peaks, Chained, and The ABC Murders.
He is the main antagonist of the first season and a complex character who has a redemption arc in the second season.
Eamon wears distinctive black armour and a helmet that resembles a crow’s skull.
He also has a rivalry with Geralt and a connection with Fringilla, another Nilfgaardian mage.
Mimi Ndiweni as Fringilla
Ndiweni Mimi is a British actress of Zimbabwean origin who plays Fringilla, a Nilfgaardian sorceress and Yennefer’s former classmate.
She also appeared in Cinderella, The Legend of Tarzan, and Rellik.
She is a loyal and ruthless follower of the Nilfgaardian emperor and his vision of conquest.
Mimi uses dark magic and sacrifices to achieve her goals.
She also has a romantic interest in Cahir and a rivalry with Yennefer.
MyAnna Buring as Tissaia
She is a Swedish-born British actress who plays Tissaia, the headmistress of Aretuza, the academy for mages.
MyAnna also starred in The Descent, Kill List, and Ripper Street.
She is a mentor and a mother figure to Yennefer and other sorceresses.
MyAnna is strict and cold, but also caring and protective.
She leads the Brotherhood of Sorcerers in the battle against Nilfgaard and tries to restore the balance of magic in the world.
Other Cast Members
The Witcher has a large and diverse cast of actors who play various characters from the books and games.
Some of the notable ones are:
- Lars Mikkelsen as Stregobor, a sorcerer who hunts down women born under the Curse of the Black Sun.
- Tom Canton is Filavandrel, the king of the elves who leads a rebellion against the humans.
- Graham McTavish as Sigismund Dijkstra, the head of the Redanian intelligence and a master spy.
- Mecia Simson as Francesca, the queen of the elves and a powerful mage.
- Bart Edwards is Emhyr, the emperor of Nilfgaard and Ciri’s biological father.
- Kim Bodnia as Vesemir, the oldest and most experienced witcher and Geralt’s mentor.
- Paul Bullion as Lambert, a young and cocky witcher who trains Ciri.
- Yasen Atour as Coen, a witcher from Poviss who also trains Ciri.
- Cassie Clare is Philippa Eilhart, a sorceress and the leader of the Lodge of Sorceresses.
- Hugh Skinner was Radovid, the prince of Redania and a ruthless ruler.
- Chris Fulton as Rience, a mysterious mage and an assassin who works for a mysterious employer.
The Witcher cast is a talented and diverse group of actors who bring the characters from the books and games to life.
They have impressed the fans and critics with their performances and have become popular among the viewers.
They have also formed a close bond with each other and have fun behind the scenes.
The Witcher cast is one of the reasons why the show is a success and why many people are looking forward to the next season.
- Revealed: What did Rob Lowe say about his wife?
- The Rookie: Cast Members and Everything You Need To Know
- Cast Of White Men Can’t Jump 2023, A Comprehensive Review, Where Are They Now?
- Unveiling Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning: A Thrilling Sequel Packed with Action and Intrigue.
- Jimmy Stewart: The Life and Career of an American Icon