Moses Lenolkula, the corrupt Samburu Governor is a man who will get into more trouble very soon as the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) Noordin Haji demands cancellation of his bond for repeatedly flouting the terms.
The high court gave tough conditions in April 2019 for the release of the Governor who is facing Ksh84.7 million corruption and fraud charges.
The governor also faces abuse of office charges.
He has flouted the bond terms and the DPP wants it cancelled.
The Governor was in trouble in April as he was required to pay a cash bail of Ksh100 million but he protested and it was later reduced to Ksh 10 million cash by the High Court.
On December 5th, the DPP warned the Samburu and Kiambu governors from opening parallel offices.
“Korti ilisema hawa magavana wawili wasirudi ofisini lakini sasa mkono mwingine ambao hauna nguvu wa kuvunja hukumu la korti imefanya hivyo. Tujiulize sisi wakenya ni kwa ajili gani?” he said.
According to him, the judiciary is also at fault for allowing suspects in public office to defy orders and this goes against the Constitution.
He issued a warning to the Senate saying this should not me made the norm because it will also set a precedence for members of Parliament.
It remained to be seen how the Judiciary will act on the DPP’s wishes.
Here is how we covered the Samburu Governor in the past:
- [BREAKING] DPP Recommends Samburu Governor, Deputy and 12 Others Be Charged For Fraud
- Contempt: Samburu Governor Moses Kasaine Disregards Court Order
- This Is How Rogue Samburu Governor Moses Kasaine Is ‘Washing’ His money
- How Samburu Governor Moses Kasaine Lenolkulal Used His NGO To Siphon Samburu County Funds
- Corrupt Samburu Governor Moses Lenolkulal Wants Access To His Bank Accounts