This week, we continue to highlight cases of rogue administrations in various learning institutions across the country notorious for extorting gullible parents through carefully crafted money-minting schemes.
Over the years, this blog has consistently dedicated time to unearthing these unlawful extortion rackets milking the already-struggling parents dry.
- Screenshots: Inside The Maranda High School Extortion Ring
- Massive Extortion Racket Happening At Donholm Primary School
- Extortion Of Parents At Bondeni Primary School Kayole
- Parents Expose Money Minting Racket At Ng’iya Girls High School
- Parents Protest Rising Tuition Fees With Poor Results At Muhoho Boys High School
- St Peter’s Nzambani Secondary School Kitui Milking Parents Through Exorbitant Motivation Fees
In the previous post by this writer, angry guardians with their kids enrolled at St Peter’s Nzambani Secondary School in Kitui decried the forceful payment of over Sh5,000 purportedly meant for ‘motivating teachers’ and ‘fencing the school’.
Just across the border in Athi River, Machakos County, parents at Mavoko Primary School are also up in arms over a similar form of daylight robbery.
The school is said to have recently charged Sh5,500 per head to new pupils that sought admission.
On top of this, those that manage to gain admission have to fork out an additional Sh1,250 for Saturday tuition and Sh250 as an activity fee.
That totals to over Sh7,000 which is almost criminal to ask in a public school.
Kindly I want you to feature this case of Mavoko Primary School and other similar public schools around Athi River area.
They are really milking out parents.
Imagine admission for new pupils stands at Sh5,500 per head.
Saturday tuition is now at Sh1,250 and an activity fee of Sh250 per head.
And yet it’s a public school.
Are admissions in public schools supposed to be charged?
The Saturday tuition is payable by force,” the source writes.
When Truth is not Free, Freedom is not True.