In an earlier article, we may have erroneously referred to Bernsoft Interactive, and it’s CEO Bernard Kioko, as part of the cartels in telecommunications giant Safaricom, stealing from artists.
We have since learned that Bernsoft has been at the forefront, championing for rights and more revenue to be spread to intellectual property owners, instead of go-betweens working in cahoots together with Safaricom.
We take this opportunity to apologize to Mr. Kioko.
Due to the diversity of cases we handle on a daily basis, we may not be in a position to immediately be in touch with intricate details and issues surrounding various topics. However, we do welcome clarifications when the need arises.
This website isn’t for bringing down young visionaries, except for those functionaries of the status-quo, who work with Government and Corporates to spread the strain of anti-intellectualism. Mediocre journalists and musicians fall into this category.
Here is Bernard Kioko’s/Bernsoft’s right of reply.
I have seen an article you have published that mentions me BUT gives false information and I would like to discuss this with you so you can provide factual information.
1. I was part of the team that fought for payment to be made through artist bodies (aka CMO). I still believe this should be the case.
2. I am the one who developed the software which enabled artists to know how much they are earning from Skiza. It is available at www.drm.co.ke. Your source should be ashamed in saying I am gainst artists getting information
yet I am one of the reasons they got.
3. I have moved to court and sued Safaricom and KECOBO seeking for them to sit and agree a way musicians can get paid transparently and I have argued the money should not be paid to a PRSP – yet I run a PRSP!
4. In my court case, I have asked the judge to order that Safaricom issues all sales logs to artists.
5. My office is opposite Adams Arcade and is open 9am to 5pm. Telephone number is ********* and is listed on the website www.bernsoft.com . Do we sound like a company that is hidden?
There is a lot more I have done over the last 5 years.
Does this sound like someone who is against artists getting information?
Let me know how I can reach you. My number is *********
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.